For the start of the academic year 2021/2022 all schools within the Central Region Schools Trust have completed a comprehensive risk assessment following the DfE Operational Guidance to schools set out on 27th August 2021.
These risk assessments are regularly reviewed and updated as required with new information and legislation.
The following control measures have been implemented within all of our schools :
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone
- Good hand cleaning hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene measures
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when situations require
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes, using standard products such as detergents
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
- Follow Public Health England advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19 when an individual develops COVID-19 symptoms or has a positive test
- Asymptomatic testing on site for the start of the new academic year (Year 7 and above) and encourage twice weekly LFT testing at home for staff and pupils (Year 7 and above)
- Encourage confirmatory PCR tests for staff and pupils who have symptoms or they are in close personal contact with the positive case
- Ensure all additional activities and events e.g. trips have a bespoke risk assessment to ensure that COVID-19 controls measures have been identified
- Face coverings are no longer advised for pupils, staff and visitors either in classrooms or in communal areas. However, if pupils and staff wish to continue wearing a face covering in communal areas or classrooms we will support this
- Ensure the schools have an outbreak management plan if advised by Public Health England there is an outbreak within their school
A weekly review takes place of all sections within the Risk Assessment and will be updated with additional control measures after appropriate advice and guidance have been given.
Please click here for Public Health England’s COVID-19 guidance and support.