Aimed at Recently Qualified Teachers the RSA Academies’ Design Thinking Action Research Project uses a model of action research. The programme will apply and securely embed academic research within the practices and pedagogies of classroom teachers. It will empower teachers to become more professionally engaged in wider research to improve practice in the classroom.
During the Design Thinking Action Research Project, teachers will:
- CHOOSE an area of research that is of professional interest to them
- READ widely around this area in order to select a small number of texts to focus upon
- ESTABLISH a methodology to evaluate the efficacy of the research
- REVIEW their experiences against the literature in a written assignment. This will be published in our own Enquiry Fellowship Journal
- CELEBRATE their research with other teachers who have completed the project
The process is supported by an internationally renowned Design Thinking coach with a range of experience in educational research. This support will be across 2.5 CPD days (one full day and three twilight sessions), and email support to ensure staff are well supported without having substantial impact on curriculum time.
It is a process that is beneficial to the school and the teachers who participate in the project. It ensures a culture of research and evaluation of practices within a school environment as well as wider dissemination of the research to the rest of the school through training opportunities. It also allows teachers to personalise their own Continuing Professional Development and Learning and investigate lines of enquiry that interest them. Our experience of similar action research projects has substantially enhanced levels of retention and preparedness for promotion.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view our RQT Design Thinking Programme brochure 2021-22.